Processes & Workflows
A visit to the intranet is not a complete user journey or process, however it may be a touchpoint in a key task. The user may engage with the intranet at all or none of the points in the journey.
From the user research we can identify key tasks which staff need to complete, and where the intranet may be able to assist.
User journey for a key task:
- Trigger - user has a need or want
- Onboard - access intranet or other system
- Engage - search, browse, interact, input data
- Resolution - need or want is achieved
- Advance (up-sell) - direct user's next action / allow for further info acquisition
Where budget allows, we can work with the project team to define ideal workflows, redeveloping any existing processes which are out-of-date or inefficient.
Processes must focus on people, not technology. Ideally we want to ensure offline processes are working the way they should; an intranet can’t solve broken processes.