Delete a user profile
Note - this action is only suitable for sites which use Native Authentication and ADFS Authentication.
- Go to Admin > Users > Manage Accounts
- Search for and select a user from the list
- Click Delete
No email notifications are sent.
Note: This type of delete is a 'soft delete'. The user's account is deactivated, but can be reactivated at any time
Impact on access
- Deleting a user profile only removes user access for site's which use Native Authentication
- For sites which use Azure AD or ADFS, deleting a user profile does not impact access. In these cases:
- site access is solely determined by whether a person has an active account in the organisation's Active Directory
- if a profile for an active person is deleted, their profile will be reinstated when they next access the site
- For sites which use ADFS, manual user profile deletion is necessary. By contrast, for sites which use Azure AD, profile deletion happens automatically based on changes in AD
For full details see Authentication Methods.