What is an attachment list?
Attachment lists are simple lists of files.
Pros of attachment lists
- Simple for admins to create and upload files
- Simple for users to download files
- Easy for users to scan a long list to find the file they want (as long as the file names are sensible!)
Cons of attachment lists
- There is no preview generated for a file added as an attachment. Users must download to their desktop in order to open and view
- The files are not processed or indexed, so do not appear in search results
- Attachments contain no metadata, i.e. the system doesn't record who uploaded them or when, and you cannot add a description
- You cannot change the title of the file once it's uploaded - you must delete the file and re-upload with a new name