A user profile contains information pertaining to that user.
The types of information the page might include:
- Contact numbers
- Email address
- Hours worked
An up to date user profile is important for easy communication between colleagues, and a great way to get to know the people you work with. Most intranets have a directory where you can search for active users, admins can find users of any status via the admin menu.
Admin > People > Person Finder
How to filter and sort articles
By default the Person Finder shows all users that are not deleted, ordered by the creation date. You can search, filter and order the users in various ways to find a specific person:
- Search for a specific person using keywords from its title
- To view a user of just one type, make a selection from the type dropdown e.g. "Users" or "Non-User Account"
- To view deleted, select Deleted as the status
- Select ‘1st initial’ to narrow the parameters
- For most recent user created, order by Date Created and Descending
- For users listed alphabetically, order by attribute (first or last name) and Ascending