How to generate a must-read item
Define your target audience
- Create a new section of type "Notification Groups"
- Original Permissions: Add 'access only' members
- New Permissions: Any member of any type (notifications are not relevant)
These members will be the receipients of the must-read emails and subsequent enforcement.
Action the must-read functionality
- Edit the News item you wish to enforce
- Scroll to the 'Must-Read' area on the edit page
- Select a community/section in order to define your audience
- Click the 'save, publish and send must-read email' button
The target audience will then be emailed and will not be able to do anything else on the site until they have accessed the content and ticked the 'I have read this' checkbox.
The email will also be sent to you as the author, if you are a member of the chosen community.
NOTE - the checkbox ONLY appears for the must-read audience, and will disappear after it's ticked.
Check who has read the content
- Go to Admin menu > Reporting > Who has read this?
- Search for your News content item
- Select the desired dates
- Click the 'who has read this' button